Chris is a very savvy businessman. He runs two online stores that sell wholesale goods to dealers and the general public, and makes enough money to support his wife and their 6 children.
Chris contacted me last year and asked if I could review his online advertising accounts -he thought he might not be getting the highest return on his investment. I did some digging and found:
- January – July 2016 he’d spent over $20K for his Google AdWords campaigns, and only 14K revenue from those campaigns
- His website had been updated, resulting in changes to the URL structure – This meant that every time someone clicked an ad, they received a Page Not Found message. In Chris’s words, he was paying to send customers to pages that didn’t exist.
- It also meant that all organic links to his previously indexed pages were broken.
- AdWords campaigns were created by an SEO company in June 2015, but no changes were ever made to that account. The company billed Chris $300 each month – a total of $3,600 before he cancelled the account
- Spend: $20,000
- Revenue: $14,000
- Spend: $11,000
- Revenue: $99,000
One Year Later – The Astounding Results
Revenue increased more than 600%
- January – July 2017 spend has been 11K and revenue earned from AdWords? Over 99K
If you aren’t sure you are getting the biggest bang for your AdWords buck, give me a call. The initial consultation is free and you just might end up finding buried treasure!